The doctors of the Hemorrhoids Centers of Los Angeles (Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, and Huntington Beach) specialize in fast, discrete, and effective treatment and removal of external hemorrhoids.
External hemorrhoids manifest outside the anus, whereas internal hemorrhoids are not visible and occur inside the anus. When internal hemorrhoids further develop to swell, they can become painful and itch. Bleeding occurs if the external hemorrhoid ruptures due to a blood clot. When an external hemorrhoid develops a blot clot, it is medically referred to as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. Thrombosed External hemorrhoids are described as feeling like a hard lump.
Dr. Maz Ghodsian is the BEST hemorrhoid doctor in Los Angeles!!! I was visiting Los Angeles on vacation and I developed the most painful hemorrhoid after my airplane ride. I went on google and searched my hemorrhoid symptoms and figured I had a painful thrombosed external hemorrhoid. I was so incredibly lucky to have found Dr. Maz. His reviews on google and yelp were excellent so I called his office. ~ Google
Many symptoms are often confused with hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are commonly associated with pregnancy, obesity, constipation, and may also be caused by any of the following:
- Prolonged sitting
- Straining during bowel movements
- Faulty bowel function due to overuse of laxatives or enemas
- Straining during bowel movements
- Certain types of food
- Anal intercourse
- Heavy lifting
- Chronic cough
External Hemorrhoids Treatment Options
- Surgical Excision: The best way to permanently treat your external hemorrhoids is to surgically excise them. The key to a great cosmetic outcome is the aesthetic skill used by your surgeon in excising the anal skin tags and external hemorrhoidal complexes.
Internal Hemorrhoids Treatment Options
- Rubber Band Ligation: Commonly known as hemorrhoid banding, this fast and nearly painless outpatient procedure cuts the blood flow of the internal hemorrhoid by placing a rubber band around the base of the hemorrhoid. This shrinks the inflamed tissue inside the rectum, causing the hemorrhoid to eventually fall off on its own within a few days.
- Infrared Coagulation (IRC): Infrared Coagulation (IRC) offers relief from bleeding and discomfort with a safe, nonsurgical and painless method. IRC is painless because the hemorrhoids are above the area of sensation in the anal canal called the dentate line, and therefore well-tolerated amongst patients. A small probe emitting infrared light leads to scar tissue formation, which coagulates or cuts off all blood supply to the hemorrhoid. The entire procedure takes less than 10 minutes.
- For moderate to severe hemorrhoids, the doctor may recommend sclerotherapy, a fast and effective outpatient procedure to treat internal hemorrhoids with little to no pain. Sclerotherapy uses a sclerosing solution or a scarring solution to produce scar tissue inside the hemorrhoid and to help destroy the internal hemorrhoids. Since there is no surgical intervention, sclerotherapy requires a short recovery time with minimal side effects.
Please note: People often mistake signs of colorectal cancer for hemorrhoids. You should make an appointment with the Proctologist, Dr. Maz, right away if you notice any signs discussed above or to schedule a colonoscopy.
The doctor’s treatment of your specific type of external hemorrhoid will be customized to you for the best and fastest outcome.
For permanent treatment and removal of hemorrhoids, a surgical approach may be the most effective. Dr. Maz uses the most advanced surgical procedures to treat hemorrhoids.
The Hemorrhoids Centers of Los Angeles (Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, and Huntington Beach) specializes in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As a best in class, top rated Los Angeles Proctologist, Dr. Maz Ghodsian, and his team of specialists provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a hemorrhoid removal consultation, please use the eForm on the right or contact the location closest to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Hemorrhoids Center of Los Angeles
300 South Beverly Dr, Suite 106
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Hemorrhoids Center of Newport Beach
1501 Superior Ave, Suite 214b
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Hemorrhoids Center of Huntington Beach
19582 Beach Blvd, Suite 270b
Huntington Beach, CA 92648